GOALS OF CNA
CNA service is delivered through a variety of
activities whose goals are to:
- foster high standards of nursing practice in
order to promote the health and general welfare of the public;
- enhance and protect the viability of the
- promote the professional and educational advancement of nurses as well as their economic and general welfare;
- stimulate and promote research in nursing,
disseminate research findings and encourage the use of new knowledge as a basis
- support proposed legislation as it relates
to nursing and healthcare; promote and maintain relationships with allied
professional, governmental and community groups;
- promote relationship with the Connecticut
Student Nurses' Association;
- provide services to constituent district
nurses' associations and organizational affiliates.
The Connecticut Nurses' Association speaks with a unified voice for nurses across all specialties, in all forums. The Association exerts its organized influence on education, legislation, and compensation to protect and advance the practice of nursing and the health of the people in CT. We connect our members to each other and to our collective passion, power and purpose.
VISION OF CNA
Connecticut Nurses’ Association is the magnet for Connecticut nurses – universally recognized as the force anticipating and creating the future nurses want and the public needs.