The CNA Public Service Award is given to an individual or group who has made notable contributions to the advancement of nursing, public health or health care in Connecticut through public service, public education/advocacy, public policy or organizational leadership.
- Serves at the local, regional, state or national level.
- Established record of public service, public advocacy, public policy or organizational leadership for the public good in Connecticut.
- Notable contributions to the advancement of nursing, public health or health care in Connecticut.
- Award does not have to be given every year, but when candidate(s) is identified or recommended for recognition.
- More than one award may be given in a calendar year.
- CNA will issue an annual call for nominations.
- Nominations and supporting documentation are due by June 30th of each year. Those received after this date will be considered the next year.
- The nomination should address the selection criteria and include two letters of support.
- For nominees who are members of Congress or the General Assembly, the Awards Committee will consult with the Government Relations Committee (GRC) before making a final recommendation to the CNA Board of Directors.
- Recommendation of the Awards Committee will be sent to the Board for approval.
- The award is normally presented by CNA at its annual convention.
- If possible, nominations and documentation should be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org,"Subject: Awards".
- Nominations should be addressed to:
CNA Awards Committee
Connecticut Nurses' Association
1224 Mill St. Bldg B, Suite 223
East Berlin, CT 06023
- Each nomination must include the following:
- Identification of the nominator, title, address, telephone and email address.
- Identification of the award for which nomination is made and name and title of nominee if appropriate
- All nominations must be typed.
- All nominations become the property of the Connecticut Nurses' Association.
- CNA reserves the right to request further information related to a nomination.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- Nominators will be notified of the Committee's decision.